Tuesday, June 03, 2008

AIW Quilt

I started the quilt.

I had hoped a friend of the family would help me make some verses on squares to place stratigically next to the characters who say them. The deal was, they were to be embroidered. I cannot embroider tho. Duh! My family friend has an embroidery sewing machine.

Anyway. She is gone on vacation and what I had in mind would cost around twenty bucks or more per square if I have it done professionally. I cannot afford that cost and she cannot afford the time to help me. C'est la vie.

So. I was standing inside a quilting store today called the Quilter's Cocoon and the very nice owner asked if I was looking for anything specific or could he help me find something. I told him, "I've lost my inspiration".

Then after explaining what had happened with the non-existant embroidered verses, he shows me the most magnificent product called Printed Treasures. It turns out you can use your computer printer to add lettering, photos, whatever!!! to these 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheets of fabric paper that go directly into your printer! And it was only $17.95 for a packet of five! I could actually cut them in half and sew a border around them. WOW.

Therefore....

'The time has come', the Walrus said, 'To talk of many things:
Of shoes- and ships- and sealing wax-
Of cabbages - and kings-
And why the sea is boiling hot-
And whether pigs have wings.'

No comments: