Sunday, March 16, 2008

Insane drivers


7H55009 is the license for a black Tundra truck. This guy is the king of tailgating. Yesterday when I was coming home from work, I drove down Victoria Avenue. It is a beautiful street that stretches east to west through what is left of the California orange groves. The tulip magnolias are coming to the end of their blooming while the hanging wisteria near Van Buren is just starting to fill in a wall of lavender. The orange trees are getting new flowers. The almond and red buds are all covered in white, pink, dark pink, shocking pink flowers. The rose hedges are starting to bloom too. Anyway, I flicked on my blinker to pull over and let the truck go ahead of me and he actually got pissed that I slowed down to pull over. Not only is he an idiot driver, he has bad manners too. Imagine, flipping someone off for letting you go ahead. Pffts! Asshole.




5JML290 is the license plate for white Armada driven by what appeared to be a 100 lb, dark haired woman who it seems is most spectacular at multi-tasking. She can drive 60 in a 45 zone, through red lights while lighting a cigarette with a BIC in her left hand, steering with her elbow and texting on her cell phone with her right hand, all the while music was thumping so loud from her enormous SUV, that I could feel it in MY steering wheel.



5VUB716

is the license plate for a silver Acura. It was driven by what appeared to be a hispanic younger lady, who felt it was okay to cross the solid double yellow line and pass me because I was driving too slow in a 25mph construction zone OVER 4 SETS of RAILROAD TRACKS! It takes serious cajones to go over the line into oncoming traffic at a railroad crossing. The amazing thing is, when we came to a red light not a quarter of a mile further down, she was oblivious to me sitting next to her. It could be she lives on Jurupa Avenue, which is the same road the railroad track underpass is being constructed.

One morning when I was going to work, I was speeding in the slow lane and people were passing me like I was slow. I was just trying to keep up and out of the way. I wonder what these people would think if they knew I was doing 80 but my eyes work better at 55.

I have driven all over the world and CA has some of the rudest, most reckless drivers anywhere.

No comments: