Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Busy week


Some random thoughts about my week so far.

Sunday was Superbowl. I had hoped that NE would make it a perfect season. Oh well. The best team won, yeah NY Giants! I feel fortunate that I was able to witness quarterback brothers winning two consecutive Superbowls. That must be a first. Congratulations Eli on MVP.

Monday I had a headache. I have had a headache for a week. I stayed home eating aspirin by the handful and made this Blog out of boredom.


Tuesday is Super Tuesday, today. It the day the good citizens of California get to go to the polls and vote for whom they want to run for President this November. I have already voted. Sorry Hillary, I went with Obama. She had her chance to fix health care when Bill was in office and dropped the ball. I liked Bill, really, even though he was a lying cheater. The idea of him running around the White House again creeps me out.

This afternoon I am taking my car to get a motor mount replaced. It sprung a leak last week and it's been running like crap ever since. Jerky.

Tonight I work. 0300-1200.


Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. It is the start of Lent. This is the forty day window for fixing sins. What shall I give up? What should I fix? A year ago I quit drinking booze. Several people I knew had died and my best friend of thirty years was terminal. Her demise was inevitable. Getting loaded was not taking the pain away so I just stopped. I said to myself, quit for six months. Then I said to myself, you're more stubborn than that, make it a year. It was easy. Maybe I'll give up ice cream and lower my cholesterol.

I will give some thought to Thursday, Friday and Saturday another time.

No comments: