Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Vrooom

Betty is my car. The repair I had done y'day did nothing to fix the hesitation between 35 - 40 mph. Now she hesitates much more steadily. I knew it wouldn't fix it but that is beside the point. Since I drive a red car I thought a clever license plate holder might read, "When I grow up I want to be a Fire Engine". What else is traditionally a red vehicle?

There are two fire companies that come in to where I work, one city, one county. These guys are calender quality hotties. And they're really nice too. Most are married and I make it a practice to never shop other women's husbands. One guy, Eddie, runs marathons and is a triathelete. I share recipes with some of the firemen. One gave me his recipe for Cajon Gumbo and yikes, it was spicy! Another one named Chris, from the county dept, gave me a recipe for root vegetable stew that was incredible.

The ladies I work with make snarky remarks about me talking to the firemen. They act like I am "on the hunt" and it pisses me off that they are vulgar at my expense. I am not sure why women behave this way. No one makes these remarks when I talk with everyone else. Besides talking to the firemen, I talk to old people, young people, I talk to little kids, their moms, dads, a real estate salesman, the dude who works at Lowe's, a poolman, a cosmetic counter lady, the nextdoor recycler. I am friendly to co-workers or anyone who comes within my vicinity. But for some reason, my talking to the firemen gets them worked up and they act catty. Maybe they're jealous even though there is nothing to be jealous about.

I did nothing depraved for Mardi Gras per se. Does looking at photos from Rio's Carnival count or speaking french? I wish I could Samba. Or go topless.

Today is the day I'd normally prepare some english pancakes with sugar and lemon, for Ash Wednesday. My son used to like to eat them. He could eat twenty of them easy. I haven't seen him since 1999. Tomorrow is his birthday. I miss him.

I hope that as things progress, I will get better at this blogging. I don't think anyone is reading this. If you are, well, don't die of boredom.

2 comments:

zane said...

Why haven't you seen your son? Just curious. It seems so sad

Honey Bee said...

After the divorce, my ex moved away and took my son with him. I don't know where he lives anymore.

It is sad.