Thursday, April 24, 2008

As my week unwinds

My sister K went home to Michigan last Monday. I was sorry to see her leave. After the death of my bestfriend Annette last year, K has become my bestfriend. It was always easy to shine on her influence over me, we're related. She is older than me by eleven years. She is an avid gardener, a woman of Christ, loves all kids and puts up with me. That alone should get her nod towards sainthood. But she is human too. She gets gas, snores sometimes and once in a blue moon will burn a waffle. This is why I love her so.

Her and I are co-reading the One-Year Chronological Bible. I am behind a month. Not because of her visit but because I cannot get off the Elmore Leonard books. They're like catnip!

And speaking of sisters, my sister M called two days ago to ask if I usually work Wednesdays. Yes I do, why? She was scheduled for pre-op tests this Friday (tomorrow) for surgery next Wednesday the 30th on her left arm, the elbow area precisely and she needs a ride home after surgery. See, she has Kaiser, the very butt-holios that ruined her arm in the first place and they won't do surgery unless you have a designated driver outta the joint. That's where I come in.


Next Wednesday, the 30th, is the Grand Opening of MY STORE! This has been in the planning stages since last Sept. The blood, sweat and construction stages have made work a disaster zone since October and for God's sake, it is finally coming to fruition, THIS WEDNESDAY! Anyhoo, I say, "What time will you get out?" She'll let me know as soon as she knows. Oooooo-kay.
I am mindful of two things while I mull this over. One, she never asks me to do anything for her. She is a solo-mio personality. She's secretive, a loner and a martyr. This is the same sister who blew off Blake Shelton for her birthday last February because the House of Blues in West Hollywood was too far to drive on a Friday night. She is the driver, always is, always will be, except it seems when Kaiser tells her she can't. The second thing I mull over is that in the last eight months that my store has been under construction and I have said over and over ad nauseum within her hearing range on many, many occasions that the GRAND OPENING is APRIL 30TH, she never listened to me or registered the date in her brain.
Kaiser lost her co-payment and she is fussing with her bank to get proof of payment. She'll probably put off the surgery until it gets so bad that she'll be forced into because of the pain. Did I mention she's a martyr? I arranged to have someone else get her so I could attend my GRAND OPENING! Duh! It's all moot now anyway.

And speaking of Blake Shelton.... I am getting a second chance this year to see him in concert. This handsome, sexy, tall drink of water is playing at the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine festival this June. OMG! I am sooooo going. I called sister M and asked her if she wanted to go too, HELL YEAH! I said listen up bitch, we have over one month to arrange that night off so we can be front row center looking up Blake's long legs and drooling ourselves silly. I am going to splurge and buy the best seats available. He is worth it. Just thinking he is back in Ca, twice in one year and in MY OWN BACKYARD makes me tingle. I won't say where. I cannot stop smiling.

No comments: