Monday, April 14, 2008

My weekly rundown

My sister arrived in California on April 4th for a three week visit. She has spent the night a few times and the rest of the time she is staying at her daughter T's house. She went from freezing cold weather to very hot weather. Yesterday in fact it was 102 degrees Farenheit in Anaheim. She brought a cold with her but now her allergies are beating her up.

Last night everybody came over to my house for supper. This was a momentous occasion for the simple fact that I cannot remember the last time I lived alone and everybody was around TO invite at the same time. There were eight of us all together and I made Thai satay chicken salads. For desert I made lime squares and a chocolate cream pie.

Today my sister and I went to the Mission Inn for brunch, we had the buffet. I love the Mission Inn. During my previous wild life adventures, I worked there. That was long before the millions of dollars were spent renovating. The cockroaches were in charge of room service and Brian the head chef was a coke dealer, waaaaaay back then. Anyway, that is all ancient history, the Inn is stunning in its current state.

We ate so much today, at the buffet. I may not eat for a few days! Ah-oog-ga! I went back three times. I had a micro greens salad, fresh fruit, dried figs, smoked cheese, chevre, chicken marsala, wild rice pilaf, a salmon filet on fruit compote, fresh steamed vegetables, rolls and too many other things that barely fit onto my plate. For desert I had a pistachio cake, chocolate baverois, black forest cake, pecan squares, chocolate mousse and more fruit and cheese. Good Lord, here it is seven hours later and I am still full.

(I am going to add some pix after I make this post. I am still not sure how to insert pix into a post. So far I have to do the pix and then insert the text, which I am too lazy to do. Oh well.)

For a year I have been begging for decent hours at work, a way to earn a living and pay my bills. I have been strung along for what seems like months. This week I have 42 hours on my schedule. Of course this is the last week that my sister is here and chances are they'll screw me back to 26 hrs the day after she departs. Figures.

Anyway, her visit is my excuse for not blogging. I wish she lived closer than 2400 miles away, in freezing, boring Michigan. She has a great life there but damn, I wish she'd at least move closer to here - close enough to drive in one day.

I am going to a birthday party for my great niece next Friday. She's going to be 13 years old. I love her enormously, she is so smart, talented and beautiful. This is her first co-ed party, boys are going to be there. Ooh la la. And my sister too, her grandma.

I have to work tonight from 0300 to 1200.

No comments: