Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stuff I am thinking about


I went to a concert y'day afternoon. My niece was playing in a rock band. She is 12 years old. It was excellent, they played six songs. She plays keyboard, guitar and sings. Her little brother plays drums, he's 9. His band didn't play though. There were close to a hundred people there.

In California the freeways are usually packed and slow. This is called gridlock. An asshole speeding up the emergency shoulder almost hit me while I was trying to exit the 91. The license plate number was 5TSL218. I remember this because TSL stands for total shit loser.

I make the best lasagne. I make my bechamel sauce spiked with nutmeg. Everybody who has eaten my lasagne has said it is the best they've ever had.

I had my livingroom wall painted y'day. I plan on hanging my best photographs in three sets of two wide, three high. I am using four by six frames. I think this would be called a triptych except it is not one picture in three parts. It is 3 X (2x3) = 18.


The gardener comes every other Saturday. He brings his leaf blower and instead of sweeping like a normal person, he blows all the leaves down the driveway and ruins my peace and quiet for several hours which makes me not fond of him. One day I said to him, "When you blow the leaves off my back step, you blow dirt in my house under the door because it is not flush." He says, "So ask for a new door." I wanna slap this smug idiot instead I say, "My problem is not with the door, it is with you. Stop blowing dirt in my house. How hard is that?"

I woke up this morning to cat puke in the bathroom. I am glad I didn't step in it. Eww.

There is a guy who walks his dog down my street on a pretty regular basis. The dog is a white standard poodle and he's stunning. When I see them approach an intersection, the dog automatically sits. He heals, he sits, he struts, he's gorgeous. When I was coming home from work the other day I saw the guy walking this dog so I pulled over in my car. I rolled the window down and told him I see him walk him all the time and he's an easy dog to admire, he's so beautiful. Turns out the dog's name is Cooper. He says, "Say hi to the pretty lady Cooper." No lie, the dog barked twice! Cooper was a year old December 17th, 2007 and his owner walks him 3 miles a day, past my house. I told him the next time I see him walking his dog, I'm going to run out with my camera and take his picture. He said he'd love that. Coming soon, PHOTOS OF COOPER.

I have two sisters who live in Michigan, I used to live there but couldn't stand the pace. Today they were a miserable 2 degrees and with the windchill factor, it was 20 below zero with white out conditions. At my house it was 74 degrees, sunny, clear blue sky and visability unlimited. On behalf of the gorgeous weather, I posted a photo up top.

No comments: