Monday, March 03, 2008

Random thoughts


I had Betty fixed. YEAH!! She had a misfiring number two cylinder and was running rough. Now she is a fierce, growling, well maintained 2.0 liter gutless wonder! I bet she could get up to 85mph without coughing.

Betty! Betty! Betty!

Speaking of cars. The new Smart cars are finally here and its about damn time. I see them every night when I go to work and then promptly forget about them until I drive by again. The new local showroom has four colors to choose from - black, white, red and yellow. I have not stopped in to see how much they want for these cutie pie cars but I am up close and familiar with them.

In Europe the Smart cars are displayed like a revolving watch rack, iow Swatches, stacked in glass cubes. My friend Ramon from Barcelona drives a blue Smart. There is NO trunk.

http://www.whytraveltofrance.com/images/smartcars.jpg

To comprehend just how short these cutie pie cars are, imagine parking the front tire flush with a curb. The rear end of the car won't stick out into traffic, they are that short. Basically they are as long as the width of a regular car.

One of the things I like about living in California is that men can wear white pants and not look stupid. It is an acceptable color for trousers, even if it's before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. So, neener neener! Try pulling that off in Ohio.

(Disclaimer, I have never been to Ohio, does sitting in the Cincy Airport count?)

I cleaned my kitchen windows, inside and out. They look soooooo good. I want to get some herbs and plant them under my window, something fragrant. I have a pot of Tuscan Blue Rosemary already and its gone psycho. It is three feet wide and spreading. I think I want thyme, maybe lemon.

I placed a rubber snake under my kitchen window so the stray cats won't come doo doo in my planter. Every once in awhile I move the snake. So far it works!

I have changed the triptych I want to display on my living room wall four or five times. I cannot get the combination of the frames pleasing enough. I think I need more blue photos, I am pretty heavy in the green area. I hope to have this worked out by next month. I have company coming from out of state and want my place looking fresh, tidy and artfully decorated. I can hardly wait to show off my new furniture.

I've been looking for a photo of my old friend Mike to add to my Leap Year post. I found some other interesting pix but none of Mike, so far. I'll keep looking.

Last Sat night when I was at work, a lady I've worked with every Sat for over a year told me my perfume gave her a headache. Yikes! I felt terrible and wish she'd told me about the headaches earlier. It all came out rather haltingly, her and I were working together closely on something and she said she'd do it. I said I'd help so we'd get done faster, many hands and all that. She said then I could just do it myself. I asked whattsamatter? She said she perferred to work alone. Then a nano-second later said it was the perfume. Okay. Before she departed I told her next Sat I won't wear perfume at all, that I put it on out of habit and I wish she'd said something sooner. Then she said don't bother, she doesn't like working in close proximity with anyone anyhow.

(Insert a confused what the fuck is the matter with you look right here.)

So. I am guessing she is socially defective and used my perfume as an excuse but when I was willing to oblige her and not wear any, that freaked her out and she had to say she was a working retard. Okay. I get it. This is the same woman who has told me she is glad I am there, that she is relieved she can count on me to get things done in her absence and how I am the most efficient co-worker she's ever worked with. Yeah right.

I have not called in sick since 1992 and I am never late. It is a matter of personal pride that I am reliable. Habitual tardiness is passive-agressive. Late people piss me off. In the future, I may not be as efficient as she thinks I am.

I have done something to screw up the settings on my digital camera. I used to be able to shoot around 50 to 60 pictures before my memory card filled up. I changed something and now I am lucky to get 20 and they are such huge pictures, I cannot even email them. They're like wallpaper! To make matters worse, I think it affected my telephoto ability. I cannot use my DOF option. WAAAHHHH!

The good news about this major malfunction is I have learned how to use the timer on my camera. But a lot of good that'll do me if I cannot take a long shot.


Coming soon.... poetry and recipes.

No comments: