Monday, April 07, 2008

A weekly run down

This week my sister came to visit from out of state. She stayed with me two days and then went to go stay with her daughter, SIL and grandkids. They live right here in town so t'aint no big deal.

I drove her down Victoria and while we both wheezed with allergies, I was sorry to see that the red buds, white pom poms, bubbblegum colored trees and wisteria were all way past their prime.

Yesterday we went to my other sister's and had a picnic style lunch. She makes THE best friend chicken this side of the Rockies. We were all there, well, nine of us this time. She made potato salad, with too many green onions and her lovely suntea. We all ate too much then whined with regret when we were too full. She inevitably cooks too much food. Gawd.

I had Saturday off this last weekend. It was the first Sat I've had off in 15 damn months. I was up by 6:30am, which for me is sleeping in. My sister broke the plastic piece that holds the shower head. I should have warned her it was already cracked. I'll picking up a new one from Target or somewhere on the way to her granddaughter's soocer game today at 3pm.

I bought a copy of Zoolander. I have gotten my monies worth, saw it three times the first day. Ben Stiller blows me away as really really really ridiculously good looking Derek and Owen Wilson is sexy as the cosmic empty lunchbox. This is a movie I can turn on and let play over and over.

Wetness is the essense of moisture. Moisture is the essense of beauty.

No comments: